Michelle’s “Clayton Shoppers” continued their holiday shopping today at the wonderful shops along Clayton Road.
Michelle’s Shop Local! Shop Clayton! initiative’s goal was to entice others to join the effort to support our local economy. Her shoppers have been out in force every Friday during the holiday season equipped with Michelle’s reusable signature “green” bags.
“With a growing awareness about the value of supporting the local economy, we aim to spend our dollars in Clayton and trigger a ripple effect:
• keep our unique, one-of-a-kind businesses thriving
• keep our local employees working and eating & shopping themselves in our city
• showcase our local products to other potential shoppers
• generate additional tax dollars for our city
• help grow funds for basic city services, from street paving to public safety
Gathering friends and neighbors, we aim to create a groundswell of support for local retailers and restaurateurs in the community where we live and work.”~MH