- Michelle is a founding board member of the Clayton Century Foundation, a new venture created to maximize community resources in these challenging economic times.
- She has proposed cost sharing between the city and school district, currently under joint evaluation.
- She supported the Clayton ban on smoking in public places.
- She started a campaign promoting “buying local” to benefit Clayton businesses and the city.
- She has an “all hands on deck” approach to invigorating Clayton’s business districts, ie. bringing together stakeholders from schools, business, community and higher education.
- She increased cooperation with neighboring municipalities on common concerns.
- She adopted a “triple bottom line” approach to growth, measuring community and environmental outcomes as well as financial ones.